- Tried to go to sleep after waking up early but couldn’t. Gonna be tired today… #
Monthly Archives: April 2009
been busy, but there’s finally time for a little music
i’ve been so busy that i haven’t had the chance to really do much else but work and a little bit of volleyball. what has been almost criminal is that i’ve left depeche mode’s latest album sounds of the universe unheard for about a week now. so i’m finally getting around to giving it a listen.
there aren’t very many concerts that i would go out and watch these days, but i think that depeche mode might still be one of the few that i would like to go see. i went to the playing the angel concert and absolutely loved it. it could have been one of my favorite concerts ever. i guess it’s largely nostalgia when i listen to these guys, but i think going to the last concert also righted a past wrong.
back in high school, i had tickets to go see depeche mode during the songs of faith and devotion tour with some friends. i had been pretty excited about it and looking forward to it for a long time. back then, concert tickets weren’t as expensive as they are now, but it was still a lot of money for me back then.
i had the tickets in my room, but i was visiting my girlfriend at the time in berkeley. we were having a fight and i was going to leave to go see the concert when she gave me an ultimatum: it was either her or the concert. i was livid, but young and immature. i just didn’t know better and i picked her and missed the concert. things didn’t work out with her, as you can imagine, and i missed the concert. i did learn a life lesson though about the kind of person that i would want to be with and what was important to me, so it wasn’t all bad now that i look back at it.
Twitter Updates for 2009-04-28
Twitter Updates for 2009-04-26
- The dog woke me up at 7:30. It is about 5 hours tooveatly to be up. #
the counter at santana row
while the weather was warm, christi suggested that we go to santana row with koda and eat dinner outside. it sounded like a great idea, but it turned out that i had to work that night. we went the next day when the heat wave had broken. it was still fun to get out and koda was mostly good even though i think he was overstimulated. he’s still a hyper puppy and so i knew it was going to be trouble when we saw that there were other dogs around.
overall though it was fun and nice to get out to have dinner, even if it was for a short little while.
Twitter Updates for 2009-04-24
- For take our daughters and sonsto work day, I brought koda in the office. http://twitpic.com/3u9cb #
new mongolian place
there’s a new mongolian restaurant called gobi mongolian bbq near work. i went there yesterday to try it out and it was completely empty. i did go off peak hours, though, so i guess that it to be expected. it’s an all you can eat $8 lunch and the food there was pretty good.
what surprises me about this place is just how clean it is. i don’t know why i equate mongolian bbq with dirty, greasy joints, but i do. the other thing that strikes me about this place is just how big it is. pretty good food, i’d recommend it if you are in the area.
i ended up going there again today and meeting up dardy and his co-workers for lunch. they all got two bowls of stuff to be made, but i opted to go with two trips of 1 bowl each. the one thing that i really like about the place is that they have a soft serve machine with good ice cream. on a hot day like today, it was a great dessert.
dardy told me that after lunch he had bad food coma. i guess it was a lot of food. the only thing i don’t like about the place is that they are not air conditioned. how can the cooks stand it? standing next to an oversized grill all day long with no air conditioning! crazy.
Twitter Updates for 2009-04-21
- It is unbelieveably hot this morning. Severe weather alerts have been issued. It’s too bad the office isn’t at the beach. #
- 6:09PM and it is 95 degrees?! The worst part is that when I left work it was 94. http://twitpic.com/3oujw #
- Still over 80 degrees after 9pm! http://twitpic.com/3p6l6 #
Twitter Updates for 2009-04-20
- Just spent the night compiling ffmpeg and converting video files to other types of video files. Exciting Saturday night, eh? #
- Country crock: expanding your offerings into real food is ok, putting it in the tubs that look like butter is not. http://twitpic.com/3l44b #
- Just got to thw shark tank. Go sharks!! #
- At the shark tank tied at 1-1 http://twitpic.com/3n169 #