i’ve been talking about how i’ve been pretty unhappy with our master bedroom closet for some time now. i’ve also been talking about how i am going to install some kind of closet system in our master bedroom. one of the biggest things that has been holding me back is that the price of the fancy closet systems are ridiculous! we’re talking about thousands of dollars for some shelves, rods, and drawers.
our master closet is actually pretty spacious. i would say that it’s about 12’x10′ big. it doesn’t FEEL that big when i walk in it, but i have always felt that there has been a lot of wasted space in the closet. two of the walls have a rod that runs the length of the wall. one wall has two rods placed one above the other along the length of the wall.
i saw a sale on the rubbermaid configurations closet kit that had convinced me that it was finally time to order a system. i also ordered a tie/belt rack, so once all of those this stuff comes in, i’m going to clear out out master closet and install this new system. this is supposed to be a customizable system, so you can place the rods and shelves wherever you’d like. i’m pretty excited. we’ll see if all of this amounts to a more organized closet.
the problem with game consoles is that even after you buy the console, that doesn’t mean that you are done buying all of the other accessories needed for it.
the sony playstation 3 i ordered comes with:
1) 40GB console
2) 1 controller
3) spiderman 3 blu-ray disc (yay, my first one!)
4) A/V cable
the accessories that i think i absolutely need for the ps3 are:
1) another controller (maybe up to 2 more after that if there are good 4 player games). i’m actually going to see if i can get these controllers through some kind of sony promotional offer, though, instead of spending $50 a pop for each.
2) HDMI => DVI cable (i don’t have HDMI ports in my receiver)
3) TOSLINK to optical audio cable
4) rock band (because you know, once you’ve got a system that is rock band capable, you gotta get it)
5) nyko remote control + IR dongle
the accessories that i want and am going to get are:
1) bluetooth keyboard. i have decided to go with the logitech mediaboard pro keyboard. i know, a keyboard is probably not necessary, but i have to be able to play with linux on the ps3
2) controller charger
3) 7 port powered USB hub (yeah, 7 might be a little overkill, but i’ll be set)
after all is said and done, the ps3 sure costs a lot of money!