the problem with game consoles is that even after you buy the console, that doesn’t mean that you are done buying all of the other accessories needed for it.
the sony playstation 3 i ordered comes with:
1) 40GB console
2) 1 controller
3) spiderman 3 blu-ray disc (yay, my first one!)
4) A/V cable
the accessories that i think i absolutely need for the ps3 are:
1) another controller (maybe up to 2 more after that if there are good 4 player games). i’m actually going to see if i can get these controllers through some kind of sony promotional offer, though, instead of spending $50 a pop for each.
2) HDMI => DVI cable (i don’t have HDMI ports in my receiver)
3) TOSLINK to optical audio cable
4) rock band (because you know, once you’ve got a system that is rock band capable, you gotta get it)
5) nyko remote control + IR dongle
the accessories that i want and am going to get are:
1) bluetooth keyboard. i have decided to go with the logitech mediaboard pro keyboard. i know, a keyboard is probably not necessary, but i have to be able to play with linux on the ps3
2) controller charger
3) 7 port powered USB hub (yeah, 7 might be a little overkill, but i’ll be set)
after all is said and done, the ps3 sure costs a lot of money!