big bug, minor fix

man…i just spent what felt like an hour, but was really closer to 10 minutes trying to figure out why my application was behaving in a certain way. the answer seemed obvious. i thought it should be an easy fix. but then it got more complicated. i couldn’t figure it out and i was getting increasingly frustrated. i nearly lost it and admitted defeat, but finally i figured it out and it all made sense.

no more mystery about why my program was behaving oddly. no, there weren’t gremlins sneaking around in my computer making it act funny. no, there wasn’t some kind of mystical magic that took over my code and made it do things i didn’t ask it to do. no, there was an answer and it feels really good to have figured it out, yo.